You don’t always need 8 hours of sleep to look fresh and awake in the morning. In fact, there are various unexpected way to de-puff your under eye puffiness and look wide awake. Having puffy eyes in the morning can be very annoying if you have a big ahead. Having Puffy eyes are very common beauty concern. Don’t worry, you are on the right place to get right solution.
What are the causes of puffy eyes?
Swollen eyes due to various reasons results in the puffy eyes and can diminish your attractiveness. It includes genetics, dermatitis, physical stress, excessive crying, change in weather, body hormonal change, sinus problems, less sleep, bad diet, hangovers and, some allergic reaction. Puffy eyes affects our look to very much extent. You look tired and ill because of swollen eyes.
The best part is there is no eye creams required, just all the natural processes. Banish your swollen eyes bags with some simple, natural home remedies.
When it comes to brightening your eyes first to get started with is to clean your hands and skin. Because, you don’t want to add any germs to your puffy eyes. So before you go into any tricks or tips make sure to wash your hands and keep your face clean. Whether it is a hectic Monday office morning or pleasant Sunday these hacks can go with any day. Follow these 11 unexpected ways to get rid of baggy eyes without using an eye cream.
Here you have the top 11 ways to get rid of puffy eyes naturally
The easiest procedure to remove puffy bags below your eyes is to drink water. If your body is fully hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause under eyes and other body parts to swell. Drinking plenty of water can flush out toxins out from the body as well as help you remove sallowness from below the eyes.
It is recommenced to drink at least 8 – 10 glasses to be well hydrated. Moreover you should reduce the intake of salt to decrease the rate of water retention from the body. To prevent dehydration avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
To soothe your puffy and irritated eyes, use tea bags. Black tea bags of Green tea bags, both can work well to reduce puffy eyes.
Tea contains natural anti-irritant properties which can help you to remove excess of fluffiness around eyes. Tea bags also gives relief to redness and inflammation in eyes.
Green Tea Bags to Soothe your Puffy and Irritated Eyes
Following are the steps:
- Place two bags of tea in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Lay down on bed, and place the tea bags upon your eyelids.
- Let it be like this for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Keep repeating the process 4 or 5 times a day for some days.
- This way can easily help you to get rid of puffy eyes.
This simple home remedy will wow you with its effective quality. It helps to tighten your skin around the eyes and relax the blood vessels which results in offering relief to puffy and tired eyes.
- Put 5-6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Put the rounded base (rounded portion) of the chilled spoons upon your eyes and let it be like that till it get reached the normal room temperature.
- Next replace the warm spoon with another cold one.
- Keep repeating this method to tighten the puffy under eyes.
Cucumber is very effective for skin and a cold cucumber can be a good remedy for treating puffy eyes. Cucumber is rich in enzymes and astringent properties that tighten the skin and decrease the inflammation sensation from eyes. This procedure also helps you get rid of dark circles and wrinkles below your eyes.
- Cut a cucumber into fine slices.
- Put the slices in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Now close your eyes and place the chilled slices for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat it several times in a day.
Similarly like cucumbers, potatoes are also very effective in treating puffy eyes. The presence of starch in the potatoes gives an anti-inflammatory property which helps to reduce under-eye bags. This remedy is very helpful for reducing dark circles below your eyes.
- Wash, peel and cry potato
- Next grate the potato and put it in a clean cloth and tie it.
- Now place the tied cloth upon your eyelids for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process various time in a day to reduce puffiness.
Egg white rich in properties of skin tightening which reduces the wrinkles as well as it reduces the sallowness of the skin below eyes.
- Extract the yolk of two eggs and put the separated whites in a bowl.
- Stir egg whites thoroughly till you get the stiff consistency.
- Now add some drops of witch hazel which posses natural skin tightening astringent ability.
- Apply the mixture with a soft brush or soft cloth around your eyes and let it dry.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off lukewarm water.
- Repeat this regularly for few days.
If you had sleepless night and left with puffy eyes, then washing your face with cold water is beat thing to treat it. Cold Water helps to contract the blood vessels and decrease the selling below your eyes.
Wash your face with ice-chilled water and repeat this few times a day.
You can also use small ice filled bag and rub it around eyes slowly. Repeat the process until there is no more swelling.
Hot water and salt is also great remedy to reduce swelling and puffiness under your eyes. Salt water helps to remove fluid retention which is similar to osmosis.
- Put half teaspoon salt in 4 cups of water and warm it a little. Not much warm, keep in mind that you have to use it on your eyes.
- Dip cotton balls in the lukewarm water then place it upon your eyelids for few minutes.
- Repeat this process everyday for 5 to 10 times a day.
This trick is simple and anyone can do it. The best ways to loosen the fluid build-up near your eyes is to simply tap it away. Just use your middle or ring finger to tap around your eyes to motivate blood flow and help the fluids to drain.
Aloe Vera contains Vitamin E and antioxidants that plays an important role in reducing sallowness around the eyes and prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Apply Aloe Vera gel below your eyes to improve the blood circulation of the affected area. This also removes out the unnecessary fluids from that area and hence reduces the puffiness around eyes.
Be careful enough to not put the aloe vera gel in your eyes. You can use other skin products also that consists of aloe vera but to use pure aloe vera is recommended for better results.
Strawberries contain alpha hydroxy acid that make your skin smooth and young. It even helps in reducing under-eye puffiness and swelling.
- Cut strawberries into thick slices
- Place them in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Lie down in the bed and place the slices on your eyes for few minutes.
Before leaving this post, I would like to conclude it with some golden advice. Next time when you get baggy eyes, deal with them using the above mention remedies. But if you constantly notice sallowness around your eyes with some pain, or itching, or any kind of discomfort, then I suggest you to take medical consultant immediately, especially if you start getting blurred vision.
Related Post: Some Other Best 8 Natural Remedies for Sagging Eyelids