Many people suffer from dark skin patches around their neck and back. It is the common skin pigmentation disorder known as acanthosis nigricans. It is not contagious nor infectious.
Look yourself at your face in a small hand mirror and then switch to look yourself in tall mirror and down to your face too! You will find huge difference between your face and neck. It is because you pay whole attention to your face and forget about the rest. Dark neck can put your personality in poor light.
Causes of Dark Skin on Neck and back
Black necks are usually caused due to poor hygiene but ether can be many other reasons for black neck like too much sun exposure, diabetes or obesity. Well, Black neck can be inherited genetically also, but if you got it, you should get rid of it. Know that you know the symptoms of black skin you definitely want to treat them. some other reasons also such as diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, poor hygiene, and sudden weight gain or weight loss.
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Black Neck
1. Exfoliate neck skin
It is important to cleanse and exfoliate the neck skin to match with your face. When we neglect the neck skin and just pamper the face then it results in dark skin because dead cells and tiny dust particles accumulates on the skin.
- Rub your neck with milk. Milk is an excellent cleanser and a toner.
- After cleaning your neck, use a scrub, to exfoliate the skin around your neck.
- To make a scrub, take olive oil mix sugar in it, then gently scrub your neck.
- You can also use another scrub, or use lemon juice, which is a great bleaching agent.
- After exfoliating, wash off the skin with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.
- Apply sunscreen to your neck along with your face before going out in sun. It will avoid pigmentation.
- Never move out in sun after applying lemon juice, as it will make your neck darker than before.
Use the above neck care regime daily to see better result.
2. Use Lemon Bleach
Lemon is one of the common solution for dark skin patches. It is easily available in your kitchen. Lemon has amazing bleaching property, the natural citric acid present in it helps in cleaning the skin of dark neck.
First Lemon Remedy
- Lemon juice -1 tablespoon
- Rose water – 1 tablespoon
- Mix the lemon juice with rose water.
- Apply the mixture on your dark neck before going to bed.
- Leave it for overnight.
- Wash your neck with cold water in the morning.
Related Post: How to Get Rid of Dark Underarms? | Brighten the Skin
Second Lemon Remedy
- Lemon juice
- Turmeric powder
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix some turmeric powder in it.
- Leave it for about15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
It is recommended not to step out in sun after applying lemon juice on your skin.
3. Baking Soda for Exfoliating Neck
Baking soda is a good natural exfoliant to remove the patchy skin due to hyper-pigmentation.
- Baking soda
- Mix baking soda with water.
- Apply the mixture on your neck.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
4. Use Cucumber
It is one of the coolest way to brighten your dark neck. Apply the smoothing cucumber paste on your neck, it will not only exfoliate the skin but it will also give you a natural glow.
- Grated cucumber
- Rose water
- Take grated cucumber and apply it on your neck.
- Let it be for 15 minutes.
- Gently rub the cucumber on neck.
- Wash off and then apply rose water.
You can also apply cucumber juice on your neck with a help of cotton ball and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off and apply rose water.
5. Use Yogurt for Age Spots on Dark Neck
Yogurt is the natural skin cleanser, it helps in lightening the dark skin.
You can use yogurt in various way to get rid of dark spots on neck:
- Simply apply plain yogurt, leave it for about 20 minutes, and then wash it off with water. You can also add lime juice to it, which is the bleaching agent to whiten the dark neck fast.
- Add yogurt and turmeric and mix them well to make a thick paste apply and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can even apply the mixture of fresh milk cream with yogurt. Apply it on your neck and let it be for 10 to15 minutes. And then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use these packs twice a week to see amazing result. As yogurt tightens your skin and diminishes fine lines and give you younger looking neck.
Popular Post: Why is it Important to Cleanse Skin?
Alternative Solution for dark skin patches on neck
Revitol Skin Brightener – Best Skin Lightening Cream?
Revitol Skin Brightener is the revolutionary skin formula, which lighten up your skin by deeply nourishing it with its natural ingredients. It effectively brightens your skin tone and give a healthy glow. It helps you to get rid of all types of skin irregularities like blemishes, dull / discolored skin due to aging, skin damage, and give your skin a younger look. It deeply moisturizes and rejuvenate your skin. It is enriched with all-natural components like Shea butter, Grapefruit extract, Vitamin A, Z whitener and evening Primrose oil.
If you are looking for an effective and affordable skin brightener cream which will give your skin healthy, young, glow without giving any side effect then you should definitely go for it.