What are the easy and fast ways to get rid of whiteheads quickly?
People suffering from acne does face black or whiteheads. In medical terms whiteheads are also known as closed comedones, which form when the dead skin cells and sebum block hair follicles. They slowly develop under skin and look like white bumps. Whereas the blackheads are the open hair follicles, which is filled with lots of dead skin cells and sebum, developed due to oxidation. Whiteheads are prone to those who have oily skin. Well there are caused behind whiteheads like unhealthy diet, acne, stress, smoking and unclean face. Whiteheads are generally formed of pimples and blackheads. If you got whiteheads then don’t pop it with your hands, as it can cause pimples, infection and scarring. Don’t worry you can treat it by using the few home remedies. Today we are going to tell you about how you can remove whiteheads from nose and other parts of face quickly and effectively.
Home remedies to get rid of whiteheads
1. Oatmeal Scrub to remove whiteheads
Scrubbing is the best way to open the blocked hair follicles. You can either buy a facial scrub from your local store or make it at home. To make oatmeal scrub use:
How to prepare:
Take 1/3 cup of oatmeal mix it with ¼ cup of brown sugar and ¼ cup of honey. Mix all the ingredients, apply it on your skin, gently massage for 5-10 minutes, and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. Use tomatoes to get rid of whiteheads
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and has many benefits. Cut a thin slice of tomato and rub the pulp on your face mostly on the areas with whiteheads. Now leave it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off.
Related Post: Why is it important to cleanse your skin?
3. Facial Steaming removes whiteheads
We all know that steaming is done to cleanse your face as it helps to open up the pores of the skin. It also helps in removing the whiteheads from the skin. At the same time, it also helps in removing bacteria and dirt by making your skin smoother and clearer.
How to use:
- Boil cup of water. When water comes to boil place it in a clean container.
- Now place your face over the container.
- Steam it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then, pat it with clean towel afterwards.
Steaming is co-sided to be the best way to get rid of whiteheads, as it unblocks clogged skin pores. You must take facial steam, once in a day.
4. Whiteheads are removed by Egg and Honey Mixture
Egg whites can firm the skin pores and honey acts as a good moisturizer.
- Almond oil
- Egg Whites
How to make:
Mix ½ teaspoon of almond oil add 1 tablespoon of yogurt, egg whites and 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir them well and apply a thin layer on your face. Leave it for 30-35 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Milk is used to remove whiteheads from face
Mix 2 tablespoons of milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of salt. Mix all the ingredient to make a thick paste and then apply it on your face in circular motion. Let it for 10-15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water, and pat it dry. Use of milk will remove the whiteheads and brighten the skin.
Mix 4 tablespoons of milk and a tablespoon of salt stir them well and apply the paste on your face. Gently massage your face, let it for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water. Repeat this process two times a day.
6. Potato face mask to remove whiteheads from face
This is the easiest way to treat whiteheads. Blend few raw potatoes and apply the paste on the face leave it for 25-30 minutes, and rinse it off with cold water.
7. Toothpaste reduces whiteheads
Fluoride present in toothpaste can help you to cure both acne and whiteheads. You just need to apply gel- based paste on the affected area and leave it for few minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water.
Related Post: How to brighten the dark underarms?
8. Lemon is useful in removing whiteheads
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and also got other components which can make your skin good. It also helps your skin to rejuvenate faster and remove whiteheads completely
How to use:
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Squeeze its juice and apply on your skin or you can even;
- Rub the lemon skin on your face for few minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week.
9. Rice and milk Scrub for whiteheads
Rice powder got the natural exfoliating properties that help to brighten your skin tone and to remove blackheads, whiteheads. Milk help to reduce the skin’s pigmentation and lighter the skin tone and remove the whiteheads.
- One cup of uncooked rice
- Half cup of milk
How to use:
- Grind uncooked rice into a fine powder.
- Now add milk to rice powder.
- Mix them well to make a thick paste.
- Apply the thick paste on your face and gently massage in circular motion.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice in a week.
10. Benzoyl Peroxide to completely remove whiteheads from face
Benzoyl peroxide acts as the best antibacterial agent that reduce blockage which cause whiteheads. You can use benzoyl peroxide, if you are suffering from moderate case of comedones. Due to its antibacterial properties, Benzoyl Peraoxid is considered to be one of the best skin brightener.
11. Clay Mask to clear skin pores
Clay mask is also used in exfoliating the dead skin cells. Simply apply the thin layer of clay mask and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
12. Baking Soda helps in removing whiteheads from face
This home remedy is perfect for those who are suffering from whiteheads as well as blackheads. Mix baking soda and water to create a thick paste. Now apply the paste on your face and let it be like this till it dry. Rinse it with warm water. Baking soda is also used to get rid of dark skin patches on back of the neck.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Half spoon of baking soda
How to use:
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and ½ spoon of baking soda.
- Stir them well to make a thick paste.
- Now apply the paste on your skin especially on the affected area and gently massage for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave the paste for 10-15 minutes.
- After that rinse it off with lukewarm water.
13. Use Warm Towel to clean skin pores
Dip a clan towel in warm water and then squeeze out all the water. Lie down on your back and then put the towel on your face. This will help to open up the pores. Use this for 10 minutes every day, at night before going to bed.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar for skin cleansing
It is very useful after you take steam bath. Apply apple cider vinegar on your face and leave it to dry.
15. Corn Starch to diminish whiteheads from face
Whiteheads are due to clog pores this here you will know how to use cornstarch and vinegar to treat it. Since whiteheads are a type of acne thus cornstarch will help to absorb the excess oil, and vinegar will help to exfoliate your sin and treat acne.
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
How to use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Stir them well to make a thick paste
- Then apply the paste on your skin especially on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week.
Related Post: Best anti-aging supplements and vitamins
16. Almonds are best cleanser to remove whiteheads
Grind some almonds and add some rosewater and teaspoon of oatmeal to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes, and then wash it with cold water. Almonds are considered to be one of the best skin cleanser. Learn about the Importance of Skin Cleansing.
17. Sugar and Olive Oil to clear skin pores
Add few drops of olive oil in a teaspoon of sugar. Apply the paste on your skin and gently rub it for 5 to 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water. Use this remedy twice or thrice a week.
18. Yogurt is used to open clogged pores
Mix 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Stir them well to make a thick paste and apply it on your face and neck. Let it for 5-10 minutes, and wash it off with cold water.
19. Use Rosewater to open clogged pores
Rosewater can also help you to get rid of whiteheads. Dip a cotton ball in rosewater and gently rub it on your face don’t rinse it off. To get better result you can rosewater to any of the above remedy.
20. Use of Salicylic Acid to remove bacteria from skin
Salicylic acid is very effective for removing skin bacteria that cause whiteheads and blackheads. Salicylic acid is also found in the form on an ointment. Remember you must apply it only on the affected areas, and not on your entire face.
21. Garlic, Lemon Juice and Orange Peel Scrub are the best whiteheads remover
Take two cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and ½ orange peel powders. Mix them well to form a thick paste and then apply this scrub on your affected areas. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy twice in a day.
22. Soap and Salt Mix to reduce the cause of whiteheads
Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid soap with ½ teaspoon of salt. Apply the mixture on the affected area and rub it gently. Wash your face with cold water repeat this several times in a day, until you get rid of whiteheads completely.
23. Green Gram Flour for whiteheads problem
Mix 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil with 1 tablespoon of green gram flour. Mix them well to make a scrub apply the paste on your skin and gently scrub it. Use this scrub every day to remove whiteheads completely.
24. Coriander Leaves to get rid of whiteheads
Make a paste of coriander leaves, add turmeric powder and a little water. Apply the paste on your face to remove both blackheads and whiteheads.
25. Tea Tree Oil to remove whiteheads
Tea tree oil works as both antibacterial and anti-fungal which kills the bacteria present on your skin. It also stops the further development of whiteheads. You must not use tea tree oil directly on your skin, as it can cause skin reaction. Dilute it by mixing with Aloe Vera gel in the ratio 1:9 or water. With a help of cotton ball apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and don’t rinse your face.
26. Sandalwood is used to reduce whiteheads
Mix sandalwood powder with rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face, and leave it until it gets dry then wash it off. Sandalwood oil is the best anti-aging oil to get younger skin. What causes premature aging?
27. Aloe Vera is the natural remedies for whiteheads on skin
Apply Aloe Vera gel on your face after your normal cleansing routine. Aloe Vera keeps your skin soft and moist. Aloe vera is rich in anti-aging properties and it can be used to remove wrinkles from face and lips.
You can use any of the methods or more to reduce and eliminate the production of whiteheads on your skin. Always remember that your diet is the primary thing that reflects the nature of your skin. So, to get smooth and healthy skin always maintain healthy diet. Hope it helps.